Just trying to love Jesus and people.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Every woman's wish.

"I wish I was tall, I wish I was fast
Wish I could shop with a bag full of cash
'Cause if I want you, I gotta have that
I wish I had style, I wish I had flash
Wish I woke up with a butt and a rack
'Cause if I want you, I gotta have that"

     These are the lyrics to a song that came on my pandora today, and the more I thought about this catchy song, the more it bothered me. The speaker in this song wants to change everything about herself in order to gain the attention and affection of the guy she wants and I think that's really sad. 
     I see it often though, women who would rather change themselves to be viewed as more attractive by someone rather than wait for the one who will find them beautiful just the way they are. I think a guy who genuinely cares about me and appreciates for who I am is far more attractive than someone who doesn't even notice me. 
   But then again, I can say that so easily and yet how often to I find myself thinking, "If only I was skinnier..." "If only I was prettier...." "If I dressed better...." "If I wasn't so weird...then maybe someone would like me."  
    Why should I or would I want to be with someone who only liked me because of my appearance? Or who I had to hide my true self from? 
     Someday, I want to be with a man of God, and a true man of God won't be looking for a girl with a small stomach but a girl with a big heart who is earnestly seeking after God. So instead of worrying about what I wear or how I look, I need to be thinking about how I act and what I say. 
    
     Another point though- my life isn't meant to be lived to attract the perfect guy, man of God or not. I am already loved, treasured, and adored by someone. That someone is the creator of the universe and my life is meant to be lived as an act of service and worship to Him.

     So here is a reminder to me, and to any other girl out there- one day, someone is going to come along who thinks that your quirks are amazing, who knows your worth isn't decided by what you weigh and who will pursue you wholeheartedly. Or maybe it won't happen. But your worth isn't define by how many men want you, its defined by the fact that God loves you more than any man ever could and made you just the way you are.

     
     Psalm 139:14 "I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made..."



No comments:

Post a Comment