In light of that– The problems of my life seem rather petty.
Who am I to ask the God of the universe for help with the silly drama of my personal life or because I don't feel good when there are people crying out for their very lives? How dare I ask for the attention of God when it is so desperately needed by others.
This thinking paints a picture of a small God and a capable me.
Neither is true.
The all-knowing God already knows my issues and problems and He is definitely aware of the plights of those who's lives are on the line. And He has enough time and attention for both. For everyone.
He knows when even a sparrow falls and I'm concerned that He doesn't care about me?
I am not capable of anything on my own. I cannot save my own life but I also cannot cure my own cold. I cannot do anything apart from Him.
Bringing the little things before God means humbling myself to know that I need him every second of every day. When life is great– I need Him. When things are rough– I need Him.
God says "Come to me" not, "Come to me when you're in really big trouble." He also says to "pray without ceasing". I should be in such constant communication with God that of course I pray about that test or my headache because I pray about everything.
Maybe no one is trying to kill me, maybe my life is unbelievably good thanks to the grace of God but that doesn't matter.
God wants me to need Him even in the midst of abundant blessing.
We often say that nothing is too big for God, but sometimes we need to remember that nothing is too small for Him either.
Matthew 10:29-31English Standard Version (ESV)
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?[a] And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
Matthew 11:28English Standard Version (ESV)
28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
1 Thessalonians 5:17English Standard Version (ESV)
17 pray without ceasing,
No comments:
Post a Comment